SHANGHAI — Shanghai GM Automotive Co. Ltd. begins regular production of Buick sedans April 12. The joint venture plans to build approximately 20,000 units this calendar year and will gradually ramp up production to its designed capacity of 100,000 units a year. The first batch of Buicks exceeds the 40% local content required by the Chinese government for start up, company officials say. Market response to the first domestically made midsize sedan in China's upper market segment has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai GM Buick New Century rolls" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642