SHANGHAI — Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. plans to roll out a sporty, high-performance “driver's” Buick in June. The Buick GS, which has been under development since last August, is based on Shanghai GM's police car model but is adapted to cater to the driver. Since the other models of China-made Buicks are designed to be used as a chauffeur-driven vehicle, there is more of an emphasis on comfort for the back seat, not the driver's seat. The car will be equipped with a sunroof and will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai GM plans new model, battles falling sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.