Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC), a joint venture partner with General Motors Corp. in China, reportedly is talking with GM about getting in on its agreement to purchase assets of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. GM, along with some unnamed alliance partners, agreed in April to buy $400 million in assets of the bankrupt South Korean auto maker. SAIC wants to expand its cooperation with GM. It already has a $1.5 billion JV with GM in Shanghai for the production of the Buick Sail and other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai May Unite with GM for Daewoo Assets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.