SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd.'s production and sales will reach 270,000 units this year, the automaker's sales agent, Shanghai Automotive Industry Sales Corp. (SAISC), says. The sales group says Shanghai-VW will put an end to its three-year stagnation of output of around 230,000 units per year. Of the planned 270,000 units, 240,000 units will be Santana and Santana 2000 models, while 30,000 units will be Passat B5 models. A joint venture involving Shanghai Automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai-VW to hit 270,000 in 2000 with Santana models leading way" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.