SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. begins production of Passat model sedans at its new plant. The newly completed RMB5 billion (US$604 million) plant marks the third for the joint venture between Germany's Volkswagen AG and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. The Shanghai Passat, based on the Passat B that VW makes in Germany, should hit the market this month. Shanghai VW anticipates sales of 30,000 units annually. The JV also makes the top-selling Santana. Volkswagen, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai-VW opens Passat plant, begins marketing JV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.