SHANGHAI — Some 21 technicians from Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. are spending three years learning computer-enhanced design and development at the Volkswagen AG parent company in Germany. This is the first time that Chinese technicians will be working on the design and development of new car models abroad, an unusual step on the part of VW, which used to keep the process secret. Huang Jirong, manager of personnel training at Shanghai VW, says he believes VW's opening up of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai VW's Chinese technicians train in Germany" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.