Back when Jimmy Carter was president, his Transportation Secretary Brock Adams exhorted the auto industry to "reinvent the car." His idea never caught on because he didn't really know what he wanted. But I do. Imagine if you will, that the automobile had not yet been invented, and that the best minds in the world were gathered together to develop a mechanical conveyance that would transport up to 1,000 lbs. (454 kg) worth of people and cargo. Somehow I get the feeling these experts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shift the Paradigm" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642