What does a company that turns out the world’s biggest supertankers, container ships and new Aegis destroyers produce for the Korean auto industry? Hyundai's PMS M1 motor. That would be the all-new compact, highly efficient permanent magnet synchronous (PMS) electric traction motors that are the vital ingredient in Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s hybrid-electric vehicle (HEV) and fuel-cell vehicle (FCV) propulsion systems. The shipbuilder is Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), based here, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shipbuilder Makes Compact Electric Motors for Hyundai Hybrids" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.