PARIS — Siemens AG is ramping up production of its new piezohydraulic injectors for common rail high-pressure injection of diesel fuel for introduction this year by PSA Peugeot Citroen in its second-generation diesel engine. The patented technology works faster than current injectors, allowing more precise control of combustion in the cylinder. Siemens is first worldwide with the new injectors, says John Sanderson, president of Siemens Automotive Systems in North America. “We had piezo ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Siemens develops new piezo fuel injectors for Peugeot" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.