The Sierra Club casts a rare vote of confidence Ford Motor Co.'s way following the introduction of the Mercury Mariner Hybrid cross/utility vehicle. The Mariner Hybrid initially was scheduled for 2006 but was pulled ahead to launch July 11 as an '06 model due to strong demand for Ford's first hybrid CUV, the Escape Hybrid, which was launched in 2004 to rival Toyota Motor Corp.'s successful hybrid assault on the U.S. market. (See related story: Ford Pulls Mercury Hybrid Ahead; Plans ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sierra Club Applauds Ford's Second Hybrid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.