ALLEN PARK, MI – Ford Motor Co.’s GT project is as much about building an engineering base as it is about building an American supercar, executives say. Ford will build production version of GT40 concept car at its assembly plant in Wixom, MI. The auto maker “hand selected” engineers to put meat on the bones of the GT40 concept car unveiled at the Detroit auto show last year, says Chris Theodore, vice president-North American product development. Numbering about 30, they’ve ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Significance of GT Production Runs Deep, Ford Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.