MUMBAI – India’s auto component industry is undergoing a remarkable but smooth transition at the same time it pushes into U.S., European and Asian markets. For years, the industry suffered from fragmentation of more than 1,000 unorganized and unlisted companies. All lacked economies of scale and offered little standardization. Now all that is changing. More than 300 companies now have ISO 9000 certification. Nearly 50 have international QS qualification for the automobile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Silent Revolution Sweeping Through Indian Auto Component Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.