Paint-making rivals PPG Industries and DuPont Automotive agree that silver is the top vehicle color in the U.S. for the third-straight year. But what color will emerge to take its place is up for debate. Silver is the most popular car color. DuPont sees an increase in popularity in rich shades of medium-dark metallic gray. But growth of reds and other more vibrant colors hint at a major change in the automotive color palette down the road. PPG says that while silver will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Silver Reigns, But Bright Hues to Come" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.