SINGAPORE - There is a growing list of car brands in Singapore up for grabs, apparently with no takers. The Singapore Business Times reports that these orphan brands include Proton, Fiat, SEAT, Perodua and Hicom trucks. Despite talks with several companies, since Proton split with Cycle & Carriage six months ago, the Malaysian brand reportedly has been unable to find a new representative. Proton now is said to be considering acting as its own importer and distributor. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Singapore Orphans Abound" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.