MLADA BOLESLAV, Czech Republic – Skoda Auto a.s. is preparing to launch production here of a new manual transmission family – dubbed PQ 35 – mainly for use in the new Volkswagen Golf and next-generation Skoda Octavia. New Golf will get Skoda-built transmissions. Skoda currently manufactures MQ 200 5-speed manual transmissions at the Mlada Boleslav engine and gearbox plant. That transmission was launched in August 2000, and in September cumulative production reached 500,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Skoda Adds Output of New Transmission for Golf, Octavia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.