Buoyed by the success of the Octavia, its initial offering, Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd. plans to launch its premium-segment car, the Superb, next summer. The Rp2 million ($41,500) car, set for a May-June 2003 launch, will reach India in semi-knocked-down form, officials say. The auto maker has targeted complete-knock-down assembly to begin by 2005 but may launch as early as the end of next year. That would require the localization of some components, with tires among the first to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Skoda India to Usher in Superb" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.