VIENNA – Skoda Auto a.s. is planning to launch a new low-cost car in 2011 or 2012 to succeed the first-generation Octavia, currently sold under the model name Octavia Tour, "Inside the company, we refer to the vehicle as the ‘A-entry,’" Skoda Chairman Reinhard Jung says. "It is a car that will resemble the first-generation Octavia to a certain extent, but in view of the trend towards budget cars, we want it to be definitely lower in price.” The car is expected to range €10,000-€12,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Skoda to Introduce Low-Cost Car by 2012" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.