VIENNA – Czech Republic-based Skoda Auto a.s. makes it official, signing a deal for production of its Octavia passenger car in China with Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. Shanghai Volkswagen’s plant in Anting, Shanghai, will begin output of the new-generation Octavia sedan in January 2007, with the station wagon to be added later. Skoda executives first detailed plans for the China venture at the Geneva auto show last month. (See related story: Skoda Plans to Build Octavia in China) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Skoda Octavia Production to Begin in China in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.