GENEVA – Skoda Auto a.s., the Czech subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, plans to assemble up to 50,000 new-generation Octavias in China annually, say executives on hand here for the auto show. The program will be Skoda’s largest foreign assembly project both in terms of volume and local content, officials say. Skoda Chairman Detlef Wittig says the agreement covering China assembly should be inked soon. “I can imagine that the contract signing may happen within the next few weeks,” he says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Skoda Plans to Build Octavia in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.