VIENNA – Czech Republic-based Skoda Auto a.s. is planning to shift assembly of its Roomster multipurpose vehicle from Kvasiny to Vrchlabi in early 2011. At present, two Skoda Octavia models – the older Octavia Tour and the younger Octavia – are built at Vrchlabi, but Skoda this fall will phase out Tour production and needs another model to utilize capacity at the plant. The facility, which employs 1,026 workers, currently assembles 320 cars a day, including 100 Tours on one shift and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Skoda to Shift Roomster Assembly in Czech Republic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.