LOS ANGELES â€“ Mazda is not expecting a significant volume increase in the U.S. with the release of its new fuel-efficient Skyactiv gasoline engine in the refreshed â€™12 Mazda3, but says new body and engine configurations should help attract new buyers. The â€™12 Mazda3 offers three engines. The first two are carryovers â€“ the 2.0L MZR and 2.5L inline 4-cyl. The third is the new Skyactiv 2.0L I-4, which achieves 28-40 mpg (8.4-5.8 L/100 km) city/highway in the sedan model equipped with the new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SkyActiv Engine Broadens Refreshed Mazda3â€™s Appeal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.