Amid the myriad predictions for the U.S. auto industry in 2006, mark this down: small cars. In a year that promises a continuation of high crude oil prices, thrifty shoppers will be looking to downsize their vehicles and increase their fuel economy. But don’t confuse small with cheap. Rather, think frugal chic. Global auto makers have stirred U.S. car buyers’ appetite for smaller cars by bringing to market models offering snappy designs, sophisticated technology and top-notch ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Small Cars to Play Big Role in U.S. Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.