SUNRIVER, OR – With seven launches slated for the next three years, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc.’s product strategy is in full swing. But one significant gap remains: the small pickup. "For us, the unfilled niche is the pickup truck," admits Pierre Gagnon, president and chief operating officer of Mitsubishi’s U.S. arm. "Absolutely. That’s the largest market in the U.S., and we don’t play in that market." The car maker’s relationship with DaimlerChrysler AG, which holds a 37.3% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Small Pickup May Complete Mitsubishi Lineup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.