NEW YORK — DaimlerChrysler AG's Micro Compact Car Smart GmbH operation, seemingly threatened with extinction three months ago, now appears to have a more solid future. Encouraged by the results of a relaunch effort that has seen Smart sales hit 28,500 units through the first six months of the year — and monthly orders pacing at 10,000 units in June — DC's top executives now say new derivatives are in the pipeline for the division. A cabriolet version is believed to be among likely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smart comes off critical list" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.