TORONTO – Recognizing the stronger appetite for small vehicles in Canada, DaimlerChrysler AG plans to introduce Smart vehicles here a year before the brand is scheduled to go on sale in the U.S. Canada to get Smart vehicles this fall. Mercedes-Benz Canada used the recent Canadian International Auto Show here to announce it will start selling the ’05 Smart Fortwo coupe and cabrio CDI diesel models this fall in Canada. Smart does not go on sale in the U.S. until 2005 as an ’06 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smart Debuts in Canada Before U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.