GENEVA — DaimlerChrysler AG's Smart division sold 85,000 units during 1999 and looks for sales of more than 100,000 units this year. The division also will increase production and the number of markets it sells in, says Andreas Renschler, Smart chairman, noting the automaker will more than double its sales network this year to more than 280 dealers in Europe including 85 in Germany. Sales are set to begin in Portugal, Greece, the U.K., Japan and Taiwan during the next nine months. Smart ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smart optimistic about 2000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.