Editor-at-Large David C. Smith, who was the first editor of Ward's AutoWorld in 1970 and went on to lead Ward's editorial coverage for the next three decades, is being inducted into the Michigan Journalism Hall of Fame April 16 in East Lansing. Smith was first editor of Ward's AutoWorld magazine and remains editor-at-large. The award caps nearly 50 years of covering everything from murders and tornados to politics and, of course, the auto industry. Smith's career includes reporting ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smith Joins Journalism Hall of Fame" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.