SMYRNA, Tennessee, U.S.A. — Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. announces it will move production of its next-generation Maxima sedan to the Nissan North America assembly plant here in January 2003. The announcement makes official speculation that the ’04 Maxima will be based on the same platform as the Smyrna-built ’02 Altima. The current-generation Maxima is built at Nissan’s Oppama plant in Japan. The move is part of the Japanese automaker’s overall strategy to build vehicles closer to their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Smyrna gets Maxima but rejects union" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.