CHICAGO – Donald Trump was responsible for selling 724 more Pontiacs in 41 minutes than Oprah gave away in five minutes. Pontiac away 276 G6 sedans Sept. 13 to the audience on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” in a widely publicized marketing ploy designed to expose the Grand Am replacement to the public. Many felt the stunt would result in record sales. But the new-for-'05 G6 only was offered in sedan form with a V-6 engine and not in lower-cost coupe or 4-cyl. versions or the upscale ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Solstice Promotion Trumps Oprah Giveaway" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.