Ford launches Ikon compact in South Africa JOHANNESBURG — Ford Motor Co. has launched the Ikon in South Africa and Central America. It is Ford’s vehicle for re-entry to the South African market, where it suffered from perceived quality problems during the period of divestment wrought by apartheid. The small passenger car bowed in India two years ago and also is being launched in Mexico. o
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South Africa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.