JOHANNESBURG – August new-vehicle sales totaled 58,040 units, a 3.0% decline from 59,805 year-ago, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa reports. The result was the industry’s fifth consecutive month of decline. Year-to-date, new-vehicle sales are off 1.8% from like-2006. August new-car sales fell 3.8% to 37,719 units from prior-year’s 39,203. However, the result is a 17.2% improvement over July new-car deliveries of 32,176 units. For the year’s first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South Africa Sales Stumble in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.