JOHANNESBURG – South Africa new-vehicle sales totaled 50,056 units in June, a 12.1% decline from year-ago’s 56,927, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa reports. New-car sales fell 19.1% to 30,839 units from like-2006’s 38,115. Compared with May new-car deliveries of 31,497 units, June’s decline was a relatively modest 2.1%. NAAMSA Director Nico Vermeulen says the downturn was due to a number of factors, including higher interest rates and rising fuel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South Africa Vehicles Sales Tumble in June" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.