JOHANNESBURG – South Africa new-vehicle sales fell 19.7% in July to 42,438 units from prior-year’s 52,856, the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa reports. New-car sales dropped 19.1% to 26,015 units from 19,854 year-ago. Factoring in unreported new-car deliveries, NAAMSA estimates the year-on-year decline at 20.1%. Deliveries of light-commercial vehicles, pickup trucks and minibuses slumped 23.5% to 13,164 units from 17,206 in like-2007. Medium-truck sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South African Sales Slide in July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.