JOHANNESBURG – South Africa’s new-vehicle sales in October show the sector is regaining its momentum, boosted by exceptionally strong demand from the car-rental industry, statistics from the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa reveal. Sales of 44,056 units last month jumped 22.2% from prior-year’s 36,052. Year-to-date, deliveries were up 23.8% from like-2009. New-vehicle exports in October climbed 30.5% to 27,338 units, from 20,951 year-ago, while also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South African Vehicle Sales Post Double-Digit Increase in October" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.