Brazil unions may strike SAO PAOLO — Some 260,000 workers in Brazil's auto industry are planning a strike to demand job protection. The country's two main unions will strike on Sept. 14 if the automakers fail to come up with a plan to guarantee jobs. Brazil's auto market has severely fallen in the last year due to the country's prolonged economic slump. Sales drop in Peru LIMA — Car sales in Peru fall 15% from 1,518 in June to 1,295 in July. The decrease is blamed on high interest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.