Renault president indicted in Argentina BUENOS AIRES — A judge in Cordoba indicts Renault SA's Argentina president on smuggling and fraud charges. Manuel Antelo was acquitted twice of the charges in lower courts, but a provincial judge, who also indicted Renault executive Osvaldo Orecchini, overturned the acquittals. The case involved car parts exported to Uruguay for assembly then imported into Argentina for sale between 1992 and 1994. The automaker paid no taxes under a Uruguay-Argentina ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.