Peugeot begins plant construction SAO PAULO — Despite the economic downturn in Brazil, construction on Peugeot SA Citroen's new factory in the state of Rio is now underway. The Porto Real plant is scheduled to begin Peugeot 206 and Citroen Xsara Picasso minivan-styled cars by the end of 2000. The plant will have a capacity of about 100,000 vehicles. Peugeot's decision to begin building the plant is curious as local automakers currently are struggling to make their investments pay off in a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.