Ford may build Escort in Brazil SAO PAULO — Ford Motor Co. is considering building its Escort in Brazil. The Escort is now built in Argentina and imported into Brazil but is subject to high tariffs that can increase the price of the vehicle as much as 40%. The automaker hopes to boost its presence in the taxi market, a segment with sales of 60,000 units annually, with the Escort. Ford sold about 36,100 Escorts in the first 11 months of the year and believes it could increase that 30% to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.