VW job cut program unsuccessful SAO PAULO — Volkswagen AG says it may have to dismiss workers at its Brazilian operations after a voluntary resignation program proves unsuccessful. VW had hoped that at least 1,000 workers would voluntarily resign. Instead, only 240 workers took advantage of the benefits package. The company, which says it has 6,000 extra workers in Brazil, is producing at 60% capacity — about 700 vehicles a day. Brazil sales up SAO PAULO — Vehicle sales jump almost 50% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.