Vehicle sales up in Brazil at half year SAO PAULO — Brazilian car and truck sales are up 18% from last year. The Brazilian auto-makers' association, Anfavea, says vehicle sales to dealers increased from 92,242 in June 1999 to 109,115 same period this year. Production jumped 24% to 151,526 units from 122,398 units in 1999. June car sales, however, fell 4.3% compared with May. Economists are predicting a 4% growth in the Brazilian market as interest-rate cuts continue to make it easier for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.