VW outsources logistics for plant in Taubate SAO PAULO — Volkswagen AG outsources some of its Taubate plant logistics to Schnellecke AG of Germany, one of the world's largest logistics companies. Elidemberg Nascimento, manager of logistics for VW do Brasil, says the outsourcing excludes sectors such as new vehicle planning and production control. Schnellecke now is responsible for component deliveries to the plant; storing and supplying assembly lines; and delivering parts to other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SOUTH AMERICA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.