Unionized workers at GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology Co. Ltd. and Daewoo Incheon Motor Co., both of South Korea, are voting on a tentative contract calling for a 14.8% pay raise. Results of the vote by the 8,300-strong union reportedly will be announced Sept. 4. If approved, the increase would add 145,022 won ($123.17) to each worker’s basic monthly wage. Just last month Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. workers in South Korea agreed to an 8.6% pay increase. (See related story: Hyundai ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"South Korean Daewoo Workers to Vote on Raise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.