BARCELONA – Spain finally is considering a scrappage plan aimed at directly stimulating new-car sales, Ministry of Industry head Miguel Sebastian confirms. On hand for the international auto show, Sebastian says the stimulus would provide consumers with an incentive to scrap a vehicle at least 10 years old when purchasing a new model. This week’s Barcelona show was rife with rumors of an impending government program after the Ministry of Economy began seeking input from auto makers about ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spain May Launch Scrappage Incentive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.