SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA, Spain — Spain's off-road specialist, UROVESA, hopes worldwide military units and large sport/utility vehicle (SUV) lovers will consider its new Tactical High Mobility Vehicle (Vamtac) instead of a Hummer. “We are guided by the American Hummer,” says Francisco Rodero, UROVESA's technical manager, “but we think our vehicle is more modern than the Hummer, developed 10 years ago.” The Vamtac looks similar to a Hummer, with a large, boxy body. It measures 2.2 m (7.22 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spanish-built SUV to compete with Hummer, megacruiser" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.