MADRID – The sales slowdown in Western Europe is taking a severe toll on manufacturing in Spain. New-vehicle demand here plunged 41.0% in August, and forecasts are the market will wind up 2008 25% below year-earlier levels. And Spain isn’t alone among the top five markets when it comes to slumping sales. Double-digit declines also were posted in August in Italy (26.0%), the U.K. (18.6%) and Germany (10.4%), while France finished the month down 7.1%. The U.K. figure may be the most ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spanish Workers Feel Impact of Slumping European Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.