Taking a look at the finalists in the nine categories of the Society of Plastic Engineer’s 2005 35th Annual Automotive Innovation Awards seemingly would indicate most of the pioneering work being done with the material is by the U.S. Big Three. Eighteen of the 32 finalists belong to General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Group. And it could be more lopsided. That tally distinguishes Adam Opel AG and Mercedes Group as European manufacturers, even though GM owns the former and the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SPE Reveals 2005 Award Winners" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.