DETROIT – An official for next year’s North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit says a specialty market, or so-called “tuner,” area is being added to the January event to draw a younger crowd. “We went to the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Assn.) show and the Tokyo (motor) show and we’re going to hit that 18-30 market,” says Rod Alberts, executive director of NAIAS 2004, of how the inspiration to have the specialty market area at the show came to fruition. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Specialty Market Area Added at NAIAS to Woo Younger Crowd" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.