A General Motors Corp. takeover of Chrysler Group is laughable, industry observers suggest, but the prospect of a partnership to defray fixed costs has some merit. Reports of such plans sprung from the unveiling this week of Chrysler’s restructuring initiative, which is expected to return the auto maker to profitability by next year. Since Daimler-Benz AG and the former Chrysler Corp. formed DaimlerChrysler AG in 1998, German shareholders have made no secret of their disenchantment. At ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Speculation Engulfs GM Buyout of Chrysler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.