On the premise that what goes down can go up again, Global Insight experts have analyzed the impact on automotive sales should oil rise to $200 per barrel. A recent white paper, “The Outlook for Light Vehicle Sales Under a High Oil Price Scenario,” finds such an increase would trigger a global recession with severe, though differing consequences, for automotive sales in the U.S., Europe and Asia. But first the good news. Widespread reductions in fuel subsidies throughout the non-OECD ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Spike in Oil Prices Would Have Major, Diverse Impact on Global LV Markets, Study Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.