CORONADO, California, U.S.A. — Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus luxury division deviates from its winning formula to produce the SC430 — a genuine luxury 2+2 coupe. This image builder is an opulent, low-volume machine that comes only as a convertible. Although Toyota and Lexus have pursued the luxury market in the past, it usually has been through more practical vehicles geared towards high-volume production. The California lifestyle machine marks the luxury brand's first — and for many, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sporty Lexus SC430 drop-top offers opulent style" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.